- RSS Channel Showcase 3256668
- RSS Channel Showcase 8237977
- RSS Channel Showcase 9048647
- RSS Channel Showcase 6791345
Articles on this Page
- 01/27/14--21:30: _Repairing water lea...
- 03/07/14--06:05: _Tshwane declares wa...
- 04/04/14--06:20: _Mpumalanga EPWP cre...
- 09/11/14--03:00: _Infrastructure to c...
- 09/19/14--01:02: _EPWP Phase 3 create...
- 10/03/14--01:31: _Phase 3 of EPWP lau...
- 01/12/15--22:52: _Tshwane’s big servi...
- 02/05/15--23:32: _Infrastructure deve...
- 04/21/15--23:24: _Public awareness of...
- 05/20/15--01:47: _Waging a war on waste
- 08/25/15--00:15: _All women team to r...
- 09/16/15--11:07: _Poor waste disposal...
- 02/03/16--04:05: _A place for solid w...
- 08/10/16--05:35: _R30-million ‘Gauten...
- 09/10/17--22:07: _Pikitup forks out R...
- 01/09/18--05:11: _Ethekwini’s ultimat...
- 01/10/18--23:01: _Waste workers in eT...
- 02/05/18--01:19: _DEA calls for prote...
- 02/14/18--22:08: _Pikitup resumes ser...
- 05/08/18--07:38: _JRA overhauls city ...
- 01/27/14--21:30: Repairing water leaks in Ekurhuleni
- 03/07/14--06:05: Tshwane declares war on leaks
- 04/04/14--06:20: Mpumalanga EPWP creates 170 000 jobs
- 09/11/14--03:00: Infrastructure to create 2m jobs through EPWP
- 09/19/14--01:02: EPWP Phase 3 creates 420 000 jobs
- 10/03/14--01:31: Phase 3 of EPWP launched today
- 01/12/15--22:52: Tshwane’s big service delivery plans
- 02/05/15--23:32: Infrastructure development key to employment
- 04/21/15--23:24: Public awareness of EPWP on the rise
- 05/20/15--01:47: Waging a war on waste
- 08/25/15--00:15: All women team to repair Cape Town’s roads
- 09/16/15--11:07: Poor waste disposal education forces new rat eradication strategy
- 02/03/16--04:05: A place for solid waste in SONA 2016
- 08/10/16--05:35: R30-million ‘Gauteng Jobs in Waste’ launched in Randfontein
- 09/10/17--22:07: Pikitup forks out R50 000 a day to clean up after protests
- 01/09/18--05:11: Ethekwini’s ultimatum ends waste workers strike
- 01/10/18--23:01: Waste workers in eThekwini’s Outer West Region down tools
- 02/05/18--01:19: DEA calls for protection of wetlands
- 02/14/18--22:08: Pikitup resumes services with a little help from the SAPS
- 05/08/18--07:38: JRA overhauls city sidewalks
The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, the Department of Water Affairs, the Department of Public Works, and Rand Water will work together to repair leaks in a bid to curb water wastage. […]
South Africa is losing 37% of water through leaks, which amounts to R7 billion a year. In Tshwane, water leaks are costing the municipality over R300 million. To combat this, […]
The Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) in Mpumalanga has provided more than 170 000 people with employment over the past five years. Spokesperson for the Mpumalanga Department of Public Works, Roads […]
Six million job opportunities are expected to be created through Phase 3 of the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) by 2019, says the Department of Public Works. EPWP Phase 3, […]
The Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) Phase 3 has already met significant milestones before its official launch next month Between April and June 2014, over 420 000 work opportunities were created […]
The third phase of the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) is to be launched today in Keiskammahoek, near King Williams Town, in the Eastern Cape. The new phase will kick […]
The City of Tshwane has laid out major plans to improve on its service delivery mandate for 2015. Tshwane Executive Mayor, Councillor Kgosientso Ramokgopa said in his message, on the […]
Infrastructure development is set to become one of the key drivers of employment in the next few years as the country implements the National Development Plan (NDP). It’s also worth […]
Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi says the improved public awareness of the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) is due to the value it adds in the communities. EPWP is a […]
Minister of Environmental Affairs, Edna Molewa, says government is waging a war on waste and prioritising contributing to the development and growth of the recycling economy. “The waste sector is […]
Transport for Cape Town (TCT), is celebrating Women’s Month by introducing its first all-female roads repair team, based at the Ndabeni Roads Depot. The six young women from Maitland Garden […]
Khayelitsha is densely populated and, unfortunately, education around effective waste management remains a challenge for City of Cape Town officials. As there continues to be an abundance of food waste […]
By Frances Ringwood Municipal solid waste has not featured in the forefront of the last two State of the Nation Addresses (SONAs) of 2014 and 2015. This year, off the […]
The Minister of Environmental Affairs, Edna Molewa has launched the R30 million Gauteng Youth Jobs in Waste Programme in Mohlakeng, Randfontein. The launch followed the Minister’s commitment in May last […]
Former Jozi@Work employees have been on the rampage recently, after their demands for permanent employment were turned down. According to the waste management service provider the protests, which turned violent last week, are costing the company R50 000 per day. “The additional R49.2 million which has been allocated to Pikitup through the adjustment budget in a […]
Refuse removal services have resumed in the eThekwini Municipality with striking Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) employees returning to work on Tuesday. According to the municipality refuse removal services resumed after the Municipality gave all striking EPWP employees an ultimatum to report to work on Monday afternoon or face having their contracts terminated. The municipality […]
Waste workers in the eThekwini Municipality’s Outer West Region have once again downed tools despite the City’s ultimatum aimed at getting waste collection services up and running after recent strike action. The municipality on Tuesday announced that refuse removal services had resumed with striking Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) employees returning to work. The good […]
Deputy Minister of Environmental Affairs Barbara Thompson is calling on South Africans to get involved in the protection and conservation of wetlands in the country. Speaking ahead of the annual World Wetland day celebrations Thompson said wetlands are an important part of the ecosystem, as they provide a number of benefits, not only to the […]
The South African Police Service (SAPS) arrested 20 striking Jozi@Work contract workers responsible for disrupting Pikitup services through vandalism and intimidation. Pikitup and its workers, contracted through the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP), have not been able to collect waste in Alexandra since Monday 29 January 2018, due to violent protest action by previous Jozi@Work […]
The Johannesburg Roads Agency has set aside R15 million for a project to overhaul sidewalks and install traffic calming measures across five wards in Region B. As part of the City’s Community Based Projects, a site inspection of Wards 69, 86, 99, 102 and 117 has been carried out to assess the conditions of sidewalks […]